Tuesday, June 23, 2015

House Plants, move them out for the summer!

My entry way decorated with house plants
Like our landscape plants weather is also a factor keeping your house plants healthy and happy. House plants are just tender perennials that can't handle the cold winters, or the hot summers. Find any area with protection from heavy wind with morning sun/afternoon shade now that the night temperatures are above 50 degrees. House plants enjoy the fresh, warm air after being indoors all winter. They will benefit with healthy, vigorous growth and blooms. This is very important for those with citrus trees.
You may want to do this gradually, I moved mine out in the photo to the right, they are moved in and out every year and seem pretty accumulated.

Fancy leaf Geranium


I only have four house plants, a norfolk pine, ficus rubber plant and two zonal geraniums.They are very happy at my entry way. There get no direct sun, but the light seems perfect. The geraniums might bloom more with more sun, but I am happy with the blooms and they look great in this setting.
My watering regime is weekly and I feed them monthly with organic fertilizer or worm castings.


No comments:

Post a Comment