Thursday, December 3, 2015

Saving Pumpkin Seeds


I was putting away my fall decorations when I thought it might be smart to save the seeds from these fun pumpkins. Not only will it save money, but I am curious to see if I can get the same one.

The first thing was to make sure I did not mix up the seeds so I started by getting the bags marked and took photos of each pumpkin that I have put in the bag. Next I cut into each pumpkin gathering 12 to 16 seeds, I did not wash them, and I just used a paper towel to clean them off. I loosely wrapped them in the paper towel and put in the bag LEAVING the bag open so they can dry out without getting moldy.

I will store them in a cool dry place in the house and start my seeds in late January or early February. Stay tuned to see if I am successful.

 

 

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment