Monday, April 13, 2015

It is all about food and water!

Sorry it has been a while since I have posted to my blog, been busy with a new job! I am happy to report that I am working at the Lowe's Garden Center in Carson City Nevada. I am working three days a week, meeting very nice gardeners and taking care of plants, perfect.



When I say it is all about food and water I am hoping you find that when you amend your soils with organic material the plants are healthier, and will with stand a reduction in the amount of water you will need to give them. The saying, "feed the soil and the soil will feed the plant" could not be more true.

Soils that have a higher amount of organics will give all your plants what the need for excellent growth. Fertilizing tells a plant to do something, many of your landscape plants will do just fine with amended soils at planting and top-dressing once or twice a season.
Here are a couple of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment